Saturday, October 23, 2010

Who else can't / is panicky to swallow pills/tablets...or am i the simply one out here!?

I totally hate trying to swallow pills, I a short time ago totally gag when I try to put the pill in the subsidise of my throat and try to drink water but next I just gag and spit out the river and the pill! I prefer liquid prescription or pills that dissolve in your mouth.
My full-size cousin would gag if she tried to swallow any sort of pills.
It didn't even have to be a big pill, one of those tiny, weeny ones would engender her gag and throw up at times.
It would never go down.
So your not the simply one.
If you can swallow food, you can swallow a pill. Seriously. I'm a nurse, and you would not believe the number of people who claim they can't swallow a pill, but afterwards I see them wolf down huge bites of food. It makes no sense, and drives me nuts. There, sorry for vent. You aren't the only one. If you really can't do it, try putting the pill contained by some ice cream or applesause and swallow it near that. Some pills can be crushed, so you could crush it with a spoon, and mix the med beside food- OR get the soft form if there is one. But really, try to take over this..it's mind over matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment