I'm having this done on Thursday. I'm not upset, just want to know what I should expect. Please, don't freak me out (lol)!! While I, myself, have not had this done, I enjoy assisted on MANY, MANY, MANY of these surgeries.
A small incision is made. The surgeon gets down to where on earth the disc is bulging out. Removes the bulging portion and makes sure that nought else is pressing on the nerve. Then he closes the wound near sutures.
Once you are in the reclamation room and awake, you will notice that your misery that you had in the past the surgery is gone. Your nerve is no longer person compressed, so your pain is gone. You may own some pain and soreness because of the incision and surgery itself, but patients influence that it is nothing approaching the pain they have when their nerve be being compressed. Depending on your profession, you would most likely be spinal column to near regular activity within about 2 weeks. Everybody is different and have different pain tolerances. The surgeon would also dispatch you home with spasm meds if you needed them.
Good luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment