I sprained my ankle a week and two days ago playing soccer. I sprained it pretty bad, but I haven't be able to run to the doctors because he went on leave for the holidays. I am able to stride with little backache, however, I still have to soft a little bit. When do you reflect I should start jogging again to achieve back within shape? When you feel close to you can walk short pain or a totter you should be able to start jog again. In the meantime, follow standard first aid tips to help treat that ankle:
1.) Keep it elevated on a pillow, a chair, an foot rest, anything that's around you - this will help out relieve any swelling, and reduce any i.e. already occurring
2.) Wrap it in an ace cold compress if you have one handy
3.) Ice it - I would do it once an hour for 20 minutes respectively time. Once you start feeling a moment or two better you can do it less (every other hour, and so on)
4.) Take tylenol or something comparible to lend a hand you with backache
5.) STAY OFF of it as much as possible - you don't want to aggravate it more than you already have
As far as exercise go, do some stuff that doesn't involve your legs... crunches, lift small weights. You don't own to be completely immobile, just stay sour that ankle.
Hope this helps! Feel better! :-)
2 weeks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment